One of Dubai’s newest IB schools, Bloom World Academy, has launched a video competition in which the prize is a scholarship for the winner’s entire remaining schooling. In partnership with Global Village, and in celebration of Creators’ Month, the Young Directors Award competition will provide two young winners with the scholarship prize.
The competition invites children between the ages of five and 14 to create a short video on the theme ‘My more wonderful world’. Videos should depict what they, or someone they know, would do are are doing “to make the world a better place”.
The competition is divided into two age group entry categories; Juniors (aged between 5 – 10 years) and Seniors (aged between 11 – 14 years old). Competition finalists will be invited to attend a premiere, where their films will be shown at the Global Village Kids’ Theatre stage.
The competition will be judged by an expert panel, including Saeed Aljanahi, Director of Operations, Dubai Film & TV Commission, John Bell, Principal, Bloom World Academy, Nyla Usha, actress and host of The Big Breakfast Club on Hit 96.7, Emirati Director Nahla Al Fahad and Dubai Eye 103.8 radio presenter Helen Farmer.
John Bell, Principal at Bloom World Academy, commented:
“Through this competition, we hope to inspire young people in the UAE to think outside the box, dig deep into their imaginations to get creative and flourish through hands-on experiences. Our future lies in the hands of our young people and I can’t wait to see the ideas they submit and the projects they are already working on to build a more positive future for us all.”
According to competition organisers, entry requirements for the Young Directors Award competition are as follows:
- Video entries should be filmed and created by the participant and should not exceed 4 minutes.
- Entries can be recorded on a phone, video camera or any other device.
- The competition is open to UAE residents aged between 5 and 14 years old.
- Videos must be submitted before the competition closing date of February 1, 2023.
- Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube as an “unpublished” video.
- The YouTube link should then be shared on the Global Village online entry form: globalvillage.ae/young-directors-award
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and wonderfulness.
- The creators of the shortlisted entries will be interviewed by Bloom World Academy.
- Finalists will be invited to the award ceremony at Global Village where the winners will be announced.
For more information on entering the competition, visit the Young Directors Award website.