UAE MARKET LEADER MPC (MODERN PHARMACEUTICAL LLC) SIGNS GROUNDBREAKING AND MARKET CHANGING AGREEMENTS WITH THUMBAY GROUP/THUMBAY PHARMACIES
- UAE based MPC (Modern Pharmaceutical LLC), part of the Albatha Group, signs agreements with Thumbay Pharmacies, part of the wider Thumbay group.
- The agreements authorize MPC to take over the management of all operations of Thumbay pharmacies.
DUBAI, 18th OCTOBER 2021 :MPC AND THUMBAY ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF GROUNDBREAKING AND MARKET CHANGING AGREEMENTS BY OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVES OF ALL INVOLVED PARTIES (NAMES AND TITLE AS PER IMAGES ATTACHED).
MPC is a leading healthcare distributor with a successful track record of more than 50 years of market presence representing top global players in pharma, health- and consumer care.
Thumbay Group, is a diversified business conglomerate with operations across 20 sectors, including hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies in the UAE & India.
Two major players in the healthcare sector have agreed to join forces in the pharmacy business, authorizing MPC to take full operational control of all Thumbay pharmacies with immediate effect.
When vision becomes a mission!
Thumbay’ s vision 2021 was to put a stronger focus on the running of its hospital operations, while MPC had a concept offering to run operations for pharmacies as a one-stop-service. Under the innovative agreements, Thumbay will transfer the management and financial governance of its pharmacy estate to MPC’s Patient & Customer Division. Thumbay and MPC will then work together to provide an integrated approach to healthcare provision for Thumbay’s pharmacy customers in hospitals and community settings.
MPC’s concept empowers healthcare organizations to focus on their core business while utilizing MPC’s service excellence, network, systems capabilities, and leadership support to manage and enhance their pharmacy operations benefiting also from MPC’s market presence.
“Make medicine and healthcare services more accessible” the same vision and similar corporate values shared by MPC & Thumbay have been a great foundation to frame and seal the partnership. Thumbay pharmacies will be benefiting from MPC’s operational excellence, system applications, partner portfolio, logistics, product security, compliance & marketing to provide the best possible services to patients and pharmacy customers in the UAE. MPC under a fixed term management contract, will take over the entire operational control of all pharmacies while the ownership of the Pharmacy estate will remain with Thumbay Group.
# # #
About MPC Modern Pharmaceutical Company
A part of Albatha Holding, MPC Modern Pharmaceutical Company (LLC) was founded with one primary aim -becoming the leading healthcare distributor in the UAE. Hence, the organization invested in the best physical and digital infrastructure, automation, logistics, and people to guarantee all partners and customers the most advanced facilities and services possible. Over the last decades, the initial vision has become a successful UAE story. MPC is leading the market as the strongest healthcare distributor, providing pharmaceutical, medical, and healthcare products to more than 2,500 pharmacies, hospitals, institutions, retailers, and wholesalers representing global market leaders in the UAE.
About Thumbay Pharmacies
Thumbay Pharmacy is a well-known and trusted brand in retail pharmacy services within the UAE and part of Thumbay Group, a UAE-based diversified business conglomerate with operations across 20 sectors. The organization grew to be a well-established healthcare business with thousands of satisfied customers served by its team of committed healthcare professionals. Thumbay Pharmacies always aim to serve as a one-stop solution for all queries on medicines & associated products both in terms of availability and advice.
# # #
IMAGE 1 :Names/position on image from left to right:
1. Dirk Backhaus, Group Director Operations Albatha Holding
2. Akbar Moideen,Thumbay Vice-President Healthcare Division Thumbay Group
3. Silke Wind, Director Marketing & Communications Albatha Healthcare / MPC
4. Thumbay Moideen,Founder President Thumbay Group
5. Jan Felton, Group Managing Director Albatha Holding
6. Mark James ,CEO Albatha Healthcare / MPC
7. Ravi Kumar Gannavarapu,General Manager Thumbay Retail Division
8. Dr. EssamSolimanAtta ,Associate Director BD & Medical Affairs Thumbay Healthcare Division
9. Dr. ManvirSingh ,COO Thumbay University Hospital
IMAGE 2 : Names/position on image from left to right:
1. Akbar Moideen ,Thumbay Vice-President Healthcare Division Thumbay Group
2. Thumbay Moideen , Founder President Thumbay Group
3. Jan Felton, Group Managing Director Albatha Holding
4. Mark James , CEO Albatha Healthcare / MPC
# # #
|Media Contact||Silke Wind, Director Marketing & Communication|