The first episode of the new season of The School Show podcast sees our host, WhichSchoolAdvisor.com Senior Editor, Jenny Mollon meet two UAE school governors who share their experiences in the role. Jenny also speaks with Fatma Belrehif, CEO of the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau to find out why school governance is a top priority for those regulating schools in Dubai.
Our guests for this episode are Claire-Marie Drinkwater, Parent Governor at Safa British School and Dr Sapna Verma, Vice-Chair of the Board of Governors at the Jumeirah English Speaking School (JESS).
This episode of The School Show sees Jenny and our guests discuss:
- What is a school governor?
- What do they do?
- Why did our guests want to be school governors?
- What skills your ‘day job’ can bring to the role of school governor?
- What our guests have learned from being a school governor
- How schools benefit from having governors
- What experience is needed to be a school governor?
- Do school governors get paid?
- How much time does the role need?
- What impact our guests think that they have had in the schools they support
- What our guests would like to influence or change in the future
- Why others should think about being a school governor
The School Show will return next month with more great guests and education chat. If there are topics you would like us to explore on The School Show, or particular guests you would like to hear from, please send an email to [email protected]