Provide economic lectures to approximately 60 students per year. With an innate ability in identifying the weaknesses and strengths of each individual student, bringing out the best in them, which reflects in their grades and their outlook on the subject.
Planned resource and delivering imaginative, interactive and inspiring schemes of learning and lessons that ensure that all students make excellent progress and attain at high levels.
Worked towards providing a nurturing and stimulating classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners Supporting students in the acquisition and development of learning dispositions and positive character traits, enhancing each individual strength
In this role I work with pupils aged 10-18:
• Using person-centred approaches to deal with arising issues clients may face, i.e., mental health, academic pressures, motivation, social skills, and crisis intervention.
• Create short and long-term goals with clients, facilitating appropriate treatment plans.
• Process referrals to counselling services and handle intake interviews for the service.
• Develop joint work with other statutory, voluntary and community sector workers.
• Raise awareness of mental health concerns and have resources for clients.
• Maintain and monitor records, statistics and evaluation systems and follow administrative procedures.
• Attending case conferences and other relevant meetings in support of young people and contributing to future planning and protective measures/risk assessments.
I saw 5-7 clients per week over 2 days at this placement. My client load was varied, and I have met clients with various presenting issues, including but not limited to:
BPD, PTSD, LGBTQ+ exploration and issues, childhood trauma, anxiety, depression, relationship problems and anger issues.
All therapy at Wellbeing Scotland was open-ended. Organising my schedule, intake information gathering and admin were part of my duties, in keeping with Wellbeing Scotland policies.
I’ve been working as an EFL Teacher in high school since 2014
Focusing on fields such as Grammar, communication, writing, vocabulary…