Morocco to launch its national investment and export brand, Morocco Now
- The Kingdom of Morocco is taking the opportunity of its participation to Dubai Expo 2020 to officially launch its investment and export brand : Morocco Now.
- This new identity aims at promoting a new decarbonized and competitive platform for investors.
Dubai, October 10th, 2021 – Morocco is officially unveilingits investment and export brand, Morocco Now, on the sidelines of the Kingdom’s participation in Expo 2020 Dubai.
This initiative aims at promoting Morocco as a world class industrial and export platform to accelerate foreign investment.
Indeed, at the instigation of His Majesty King Mohammed VI May God Assist Him, Morocco has built first-class trade and transport infrastructures andhas definitively embarked on the path of industrial emergence over the past 20 years, namely:
- Tanger Med, #1 sea connection in Africa and the Mediterranean and #20 in the world.
- The automotive cluster, the fastest growing in the world, strongly contributesto the Moroccan industrial exports growth, increasing by more than USD16 billion between 2010 and 2019.
In the background, the global economy is facing rapid changes requiring economic stakeholders to adapt :
- Environmental emergency, consumer pressure and new regulations make it essential to adopt decarbonised production; and
- COVID crisis has led to a global value chains reorganization towards less global dependence and more regional integration.
In this context, Morocco Now is the future-proof industrial platform to capture the opportunities of a changing world. It builds on a successful track record of economic transformation making of Morocco a reliable destination and a high investment and export potential.
Morocco Now offers 4 distinctive assets:
NOW Sustainable, reaching37% of the energy mix with renewable energies in 2020 and targeting 52% by 2030,with an installed capacity of 4GW in 2021 made possible by visionary investments since 2009.
NOW Competitive, offering “Best Cost” option – based on competitive production and export costs -, building on a privileged access to more than 1 billion consumers thanks to 54 free trade agreements and being the gate to Africa’s rapid growth potential.
NOW Well-Proven, showing successfultrack record of implementing foreign investment in highly strategic and technical sectorsand of delivering mega infrastructure projects, whileinvesting in Moroccan youth competencies.
NOW Agile, with a remarkable capacity to adapt part of Morocco’s DNA, as demonstrated while quickly reallocating industrial tools to health equipment during COVVID crisis, andimplementing best in class vaccinationroll-out paving the way for a rapid economic recovery.
In a context of global value chains reorganization, we are delighted to introduce our new investment and export brandto the world, which reflects the dynamism and economic competitiveness of Morocco. The Moroccan delegation in charge of unveiling this new identity confirms the commitment of all public and private stakeholders for the success of our national investment and exportbrand.
Releasing recently the “new development model”, the Kingdom of Morocco has drawn up a clear roadmap for its development in the years to come. This new strategy is supported by the progress of Morocco as a future-proof industrial platform. The appointment of a new pro-business government strengthens these economic and industrial dynamics, and ensures the necessary synergies and a pragmatic approach to pave the way for competitive, proactive and sustainable investment.