Look Forward to an Extravagant Festive Celebration with European Rice
The festive season is here! And as we get ready to make merry and indulge in some good food, here’s a quick rundown on some of our favourite recipes that is sure to spread cheer and joy this season.
It is said, food is an important part of any celebration, regardless of culture or religion. It can unite and strengthen community bonds and help create special memories. ‘This Christmas and New Year, we have two quick recipes for you and your family, curated with the European Rice that is produced in Greece.
European rice is distinguished for its quality and nutritional value. Rich in B-complex vitamins and carbohydrates, it constitutes an important source of energy for the human organism. European rice is part of the culture and tradition of many civilizations and the perfect side to all dishes. Use it in salads, soups, with legumes, vegetables, chicken, meat or fish to curate a dish like never before!
Here are two festive recipes that you can create with European Rice this holiday season developed by European Rice food Ambassador for UAE Diana Zavzeatii- IG – @busyavocado. Pic Credits: Diana Zavzeatii.
Spanakorizo – Rice with spinach
Time: 30 min
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* ½ cup chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon garlic
* Zest from one lemon
* ½ teaspoon ground cumin
* 250 grams baby spinach, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup European medium grain rice
* 2 cups vegetables stock or broth
* 2 tablespoons fresh or dried dill, chopped and
* Salt & pepper to taste
* Juice from one lemon
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent (about 5-7 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
2. Add the lemon zest, cumin and spinach and cover the pan. Cook until the spinach wilts down (about 3-5 minutes).
3. Stir the rice, vegetable broth, the dill, salt, and pepper into the spinach mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer, replacing the lid on the pan, and cook until the rice is tender (about 15 to 20 minutes)
5. Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
Veggie Rice Pilaf
Time: 30 min
1 cup European medium grained rice, washed
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 baby marrows, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups veggie broth
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Add the onion, then garlic, then the carrot and zucchini. Then the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the broth and a pinch of salt and pepper to the saucepan and cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low for 15 minutes or until the water has all been absorbed and the rice is tender. Fluff the rice. Serve with fresh herbs sprinkled on top.
So, if you’re in the mood for a joyous celebration, enjoy this feast with European Rice, as it transports you transport you right to the heart of Europe with its exquisite flavour!
Visit European rice www.europeanrice.eu or @rice_eu on Instagram and @EuropeanRice on Facebook.