Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline, and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love.
Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation, as an ‘Outstanding’ British School Overseas, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the NCE, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC, and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate, qualified, and energetic full-time Dance Teacher to join our Performing Arts team in October 2022.
We are looking for someone who understands the Dance & Performing Arts industry and wants to grow as part of a developing and exciting business.
The selected team member will be based at Sunmarke School JVT for 60% of lessons and travel to Fortes Nurseries in the mornings for baby ballet classes.
The typical working hours for this role will be from :
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 6 pm
Fridays 10 am – 2 pm
We are looking for certain qualities:
- Skilled in the best global educational practices
- Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
- Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole-child.
- Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
- Outstanding role models who embody our core values
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
- Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
- Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to wider campus life
- Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be dynamic, enthusiastic, and well-qualified, holding a valid dance instructors’ qualification with an RTS status.
- Experience and passion for delivering a range of dance activities for students aged 3-18 years and
- Candidates who meet the following criteria will be preferred.
- Fully RAD qualified
- Previous experience working with younger students (Age 3-5 years)
- Experience in teaching RAD Grades & entering students for RAD exams.
- Experience in choreographing for shows.
- Commitment to extra-curricular Sport (through-school) is essential.
- This is a full-time local contract with no housing benefits; preference would be given to the candidate based in Dubai, UAE.
- World class facilities for the Performing Arts located in JVT a prime location in Dubai.
- An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents, and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom.
- Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development
- Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy, and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we will welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role in our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.