Due to internal promotion, Taaleem have an opening for an Executive Assistant to CEO & the Director of Education. This role is based at Taaleem Central Office in Dubai to start November 2022.
Taaleem is the United Arab Emirates’ second largest school provider for early years, primary and secondary schools, founded in 2004. Taaleem, which means ‘education’ in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents.As Executive Assistant, the successful applicant will support the CEO and Director of Education, providing strategic and confidential administrative support.
The Role: Executive Assistant to CEO & Director of Education
Please see the attached Job Description for further information.
- Act as Secretary for senior meetings, including Senior Executive Board (SEB), as and when required by the CEO, including preparing meeting agendas, collating minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues, arranging refreshments as well as creating and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Support and ensure the executive team meet their deadlines, ensuring they have capacity to achieve the deadline that they have committed to.
- Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of CEO and Director of Education including appointments, meetings and travel; ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Ensuring that the executive team are fully prepared for all internal and external meetings.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment and with a strong judgement to triage a number of tasks at any given time, prioritising collaborations with the executive team members.
- Ability and confidence to respond to sensitive situations, emails and other communications (including complaints) on behalf of the executive team and ensuring they are distributed to the correct department.
- Have the ability to anticipate what comes next, what resources will be required for that project and which stakeholders to engage.
- Acting as the point of contact between the executive team and employees/clients.
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, executive meetings, and organizations that the executive team are involved with.
- Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle executive team matters.
- Represent the company and the executive team in a positive light through positive follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the Senior Executive’s team time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Complete adhoc projects as assigned – such as personal events and/or family needs.
- Welcoming and interacting with external visitors and attending other ad-hoc meetings as and when requested by the executive team.
- Provide high level personal, executive and administrative support to the executive team.
- Responsible for organising CEO travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses post travel.
- Ensuring essential information and updates are communicated to Taaleem Central Office/Company as requested by CEO.
- Responsible for managing CEO’s personal driver’s daily schedule in line with CEO’s daily requirements.
- Carrying out Central Office Management duties to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Arrange Central Office and Senior Leadership events.
- Other duties as reasonably expected.
Education: University degree or diploma relating to the field, preferred but not essentialExperience: Minimum 5 years’ experience as Executive Assistant or similar roleCompetencies:
- Organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Meet deadlines and ensure capacity is in place to do so
- Ability to triage and prioritise numerous tasks
- Excellent communication skills – strong written, verbal, non verbal, face to face, over the phone and email communication
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage sensitive situations
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Calm character, able to prioritise and ensure smooth execution of tasks
- Fluency in English – spoken and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintain high levels of professionalism
- Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
- Have a professional and strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
- 5+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings
- Emotional intelligence and tact is essential to ensure the business continues to drive forward and the culture remains positive
- Additional language would be an advantage – preferably Arabic
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience in the Education industry