Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Primary Teacher for Al Yasmina Academy in Abu Dhabi to start immediately.
Al Yasmina Academy is an outstanding English Curriculum school in the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognized and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners and outstanding teaching and learning, Al Yasmina Academy is an exceptional place to work. It has an exciting, diverse and progressive learning community that annually produces some of the very best I/GCSE and A Level results in the UAE. Our learning culture is under pinned by our core values of excellence, respect, passion, collaboration and creativity allowing all students to thrive. Furthermore, the Academy is extremely proud of its recent ADEK inspection, which rated Al Yasmina Academy as ‘Outstanding’ in all six performance standards, putting it amongst the top schools in the UAE and Middle East.
We value highly the partnership between home and Academy and encourage all parents to take an active part in the education of their children. The Academy cannot work in isolation. The partnership between Academy staff, parents and other stakeholders is an essential one. Together we can set challenges and our partners can join us when we ask how can we do it even better.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
- To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development
Teaching and learning:
- Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists, if required.
Behaviour management and duties:
- Follow the school’s behaviour policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioural policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider professional responsibilities
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to student’s achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Bachelor of Education or a bachelor’s degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Primary Teacher.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong experience teaching the English National Curriculum
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
An application with a covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be made via TES
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.