Aldar Education are seeking an outstanding Mathematics Teacher for their schools in Abu Dhabi.
Key duties include:
- Delivery of our guaranteed classroom standards
- Planning and teaching Math lessons in line with school planning documents to every class in the school on a weekly basis
- Carrying out the role of a subject leader, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school- where appropriate
- To comply with our agreed policies, and code of conduct
- Assist academy in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and to contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form.
- Comply with regulations pertaining to health and safety at work legislation and adhere to school policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations.
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge
- Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy’s procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- Assess, Monitor, Record, and Report learning objectives and use them to improve different aspects of teaching.
- Take part in subject or aspects of the academy’s work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance.
- Liaise effectively with parents.
- BA or PGCE in Education with minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Strong experience teaching the US/British Curriculum.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
What We Offer
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.