Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline, and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high-quality education provision to young people for over four decades.
Our schools have a world-class range of learning and teaching opportunities, with a suite of Signature Programmes unrivaled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability Studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilising cutting-edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support possible ways of life for space explorers. Our world-class STEAM center offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real-world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. Preparing our students for the future we also run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy for business and entrepreneurship our Primary students. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice.
At the core of our approach is our pioneering work in Positive Education. Through this approach our schools foster active engagement in learning and activities, celebrating positive emotions and accomplishments, encouraging students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation and ‘Outstanding’ in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident lifelong learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC, and the IB Diploma and Career-Related Programmes.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time teacher of Mandarin Chinese for a mid-August 2022 start. You will join our dynamic teaching team and our Head of Global Languages to work across EYFS & Primary. We are seeking an inspirational teacher who has the flair and expertise to engage and inspire students through their teaching of the Chinese language and culture. The successful candidate will demonstrate integrity and a determination to ensure all students thrive within our provision.
This role represents a rare and exciting opportunity for any candidate who would like to be part of a dynamic team and who shares our vision to see our Mandarin Chinese provision rapidly expand and flourish across our schools.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best early years of global educational practices
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
• Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole-child
• Able to use APPs and technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values
• Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
• Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
• Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and wider campus life
• Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organized having excellent interpersonal skills
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, and well-qualified candidate holding as a minimum, a B.Ed. or Degree and PGCE with exceptional subject knowledge.
• A strong academic background and either a native level speaker of Mandarin or a good honours degree in Mandarin
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the-art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents, and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations