Aldar Academies is seeking a Head of Inclusion for Al Muna Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing immediately.
Al Muna Academy is in the heart of the city of Abu Dhabi and was recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by ADEK – Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Serving over 700 students from Nursery – Year 6 we follow the National Curriculum of England. The school a vibrant community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To promote effective inclusion and ensure that all children on our special needs register, including gifted and talented children make as much progress as possible. To provide expert advice and training to colleagues and families to support the learning of children with a range of learning needs.
Key duties include:
• Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement.
• Encourage and promote inclusion across the school at all levels.
• To communicate effectively to lead, manage and inspire others.
• Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals.
• Line manage staff employed to support children with needs.
• Maintain accurate records, IEPs, and coordinate care plans.
• Plan and deliver a range of programmes of work to support individual needs.
• Be a part of the school pastoral committee and support the roll out of initiatives to promote inclusion in the School.
• Maintain SEN registers and rigorous data of progress, attainment, and provisions. Review whole school assessment data and conduct assessment to identify priority areas and/or pupils for targeted intervention.
• Participate in the development of behavior policy/promoting pupils’ self-esteem and manage student behavior in line with the whole school policy.
• To be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families.
• Provide full induction and training for the school Inclusion team and Inclusion assistants.
• Undertake co teaching to support class/subject teacher with the delivery of differentiated lessons.
• Participate in the admissions, evaluations, assessments and subsequent transitions of SoD. This includes monitoring standards and pupils progress, including preparation for and action from year group progress meetings and data analysis, liaising with families, feeding into and from SLT meetings, supporting colleagues in developing their classroom practice, leading new initiatives to improve standards, working alongside and supporting the shadow year group leader.
• Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies.
• Set a good example in terms of attire, punctuality, and attendance.
• Ensure compliance with School’s policies, standards, and procedures.
• To recognize good practice and to identify areas for development and challenge underachievement.
• Prepare documentation for submission to ADEK or other educational bodies.
• To be focused on raising standards, school improvement (including areas beyond existing areas of responsibility) and be able to challenge underperformance and have difficult conversations.
• To contribute to the strategic development and smooth day to day running of the school.
• Leading key areas of the school as part of a subject leader team for school improvement plan.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education or relevant postgraduate qualification. Master’s degree in SEN desirable.
Minimum Experience: A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the field of SEN, including 4 consecutive years of teaching/academic performance exceeding standards and expectations as evidenced by Performance Appraisal.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Evidence of implementing strategic initiatives and impact within a school.
• Demonstrated expertise in leading a special education or inclusion team.
• Experience in maintaining accurate and meaningful SEN registers and developing high quality IEPs and intervention plans.
• Capacity to identify a range of need types and/or development delays.
• Experience in administering standardized assessments to inform provision.
• Experience in delivering a range of specific intervention programmes and be confident in the measures needed to prove effectiveness.
• Proven capacity to utilize data to monitor and track SoD progress and attainment.
• To be approachable, professional, calm and knowledgeable.
• To be able to deal professionally with a range of stakeholders.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating and nurturing children.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
• Warmth, empathy, credibility, self-belief, integrity, drive and child centered.
• Ability to lead and manage a team.
• To be able to prioritize workload and multitask.
• IT Literate and familiar with online technologies to aid in 21st century teaching.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
An application with a covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be made via the portal.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.