Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over four decades.
Our schools have a world class range of learning and teaching opportunities, with a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilising cutting edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support possible ways of life for space explorers. Our world class STEAM programme offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. Preparing our students for the future we also run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy for business and entrepreneurship our Primary students. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice.
At the core of our approach is our pioneering work in Positive Education. Through this approach our schools foster active engagement in learning and activities, celebrating positive emotions and accomplishments, encouraging students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School and ‘Outstanding’ in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever-changing world.
As a result of our outstanding performance and exceptional popularity, we launched our new secondary school phase two years ago, and now students can continue to enjoy the Regent International School experience all the way through to Year 11, I/GCSEs and BTECs (Level 2). We follow an innovative project-based curriculum, with excellent student teacher ratios and personalised learning, and this combination has seen our secondary school attract significant attention in the region. We have created an inspiring curriculum where students explore, research, and solve real world problems, thinking critically and creatively, working collaboratively, and leading empathetically. You will make a valued contribution to our team as we extend the curriculum to Year 13 through to ‘A’ Levels and BTECs (Level 3) in the near future. So we are excited to invite you to join us in further developing our highly popular and innovative school.
Due to our continued growth, we seek to appoint an outstanding English Teacher with the ability to teach Humanities to join our team in August 2022.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best global educational practices.
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed.
• Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole child.
• Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience.
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values.
• Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom. Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students.
• Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to wider campus life.
• Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills.
• This opportunity will include teaching the subject at Key Stage 3 & 4.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, and well-qualified holding as a minimum, a B.Ed., or a B.A & PGCE and QTS.
Aspiring Middle Leaders – Pastoral or Curriculum are encouraged to apply indicating your interest in potential middle leadership positions.
When applying please indicate your:
• Specialism in a Subject Area.
• Past MLT experience
As a BSO accredited school, NQTs are welcome to apply. The years of teaching at our school in Dubai, is recognized for your QTS certification.
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a revamped site situated in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting:
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.
Application Closing Date: 28th April 2022
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2022
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.