When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Jumeirah College is a GEMS Premium Secondary School which delivers the National Curriculum for England, offering the full range of GCSE and A level courses. Our student body is a dynamic international community of over 1,100 students from over 59 nationalities. We take pride in the development of the whole child, recognising the importance of developing cultural and global awareness. We have a thriving enriched curriculum which provides a diverse range of activities, initiatives and charitable endeavours that both engage our student body and embed our philosophy of global awareness and world citizenship. For more information please see our website.
The College has been repeatedly judged to be Outstanding in inspections. Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. In 2021 99.4% of GCSE results were 9-4 out of which 24.4% 9, and at A level 71% of all grades were A*/A with 95% A*/B. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities around the world, including Cambridge, UCL, Stanford, Monash and Toronto.
As one of the leading schools in the Middle East, Jumeirah College is the first-choice school for many families. The school has recently been awarded ‘World Class School’ status by the High-Performance Learning network and is a member of HMC, BSME and COBIS. Jumeirah College has also formed a recent partnership with ArtsEd International to enable the further development of creativity across the curriculum. The success of the school has been repeatedly recognised with Jumeirah College being nominated for a series of awards, including being shortlisted as ‘International School of the Year’ by the TES. Jumeirah College is an inclusive school and will require applicants to be tolerant, inclusive and able to teach a diverse student body of culture, language, special need and highly able students.
About the Role:
From September 2022 we are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of English, ideally with Media but not essential, to join the College.
The successful candidate will work in an exceptional department which is both extremely popular and successful. In 2021 Results:
– In English Language GCSE 67% grade 7-9. 99% of students achieved a grade 4-9.
– In English Literature GCSE 76% grade 7-9. 100% grade 4-9.
– In A Level English Literature: 69% grade A-A*. 96% grade A-B.
– In A Level English Language: 50% grade A-A*, 88% grade A*-B.
– In A Level Media Studies: 46% grade A-A*, 100% grade A*-B.
The opportunities which English/Media present for students is central to the philosophy of the school. As a result, this appointment is crucial to the continued development of Jumeirah College.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- A B.Ed. or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent with exceptional subject knowledge.
- At least 2 years’ experience of the National Curriculum for England.
- Experience teaching GCSE, A-Level. We are seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals. You should have a proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching.
- A mindset which understands all students have the potential for top performance, and the drive and passion to enable them to do so.
- Experience which will enable a contribution to our enriched curriculum programme.
As a teacher at Jumeirah College you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
Jumeirah College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.