The English College, Dubai, seeks a positive, reflective and inspiring Economics teacher to work in the Secondary School for August 2022. The successful candidate will have a growth mindset and high expectations of all staff and students. They will be open and willing to learn; they will be expected to engage in professional learning with the mindset that everyone can always improve. We are seeking a professional who is passionate about encouraging students to grow and develop holistically – academically, emotionally, physically and socially.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching Economics with the ability to inspire and motivate students with a diverse range of talents and abilities. A desire and willingness to teach Economics at GCSE and A Level is essential. It is also required for candidates to have the necessary skills and vision to enhance teaching and learning within the department and wider school community.
Applicants will need to be sympathetic with the ethos and values of The English College. We are looking for a highly committed team player with the drive, energy and passion to develop this forward-looking school. You should also illustrate a capacity to help students achieve their absolute best as part of a team, a proactive commitment to the pastoral care and well-being of our learners, and a willingness to contribute to the thriving extra-curricular life of our school. Safeguarding is a priority for us; all of our staff must be committed to the safeguarding of all of our students.
The English College is an established, independent, and co-educational British curriculum all-through school (EYFS through to Year 13). We are well-resourced with great facilities – we opened a brand new Secondary Building in August 2020 with 2 drama studios, a fitness suite, sports hall, specialised art and music rooms and science labs. We have a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. Our students are motivated, committed and love learning. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities. Our parents are supportive and involved in the learning, attainment and progress of their children.
Successful applicants will:
- Be honest, transparent and have integrity.
- Have a good honours degree.
- Hold a QTS or PGCE teaching qualification, preferably from the UK.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of teaching.
- Be talented and highly motivated
- Have experience teaching GCSE and A level Economics
- Be willing to contribute to the development of departmental resources
- Contribute to whole school enrichment activities before or after school
- Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check.
- Be professional in appearance and conduct
- Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the school
Our remuneration package includes:
- Tax free salary, dependent upon experience
- Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
- Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- Visa costs
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
Please apply by completing the online application form. Closing date for applications is 25th March. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
Long list / initial Skype interviews will be held as soon as applications are received. Final interviews with the Principal and Head of Secondary will be held following that. We look forward to receiving your application.