- When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
Opening in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4000 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world-class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career-Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme. A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
About the Role:
We are looking for a committed and dynamic head of department to join the Science department at GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis from September 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader or an experienced English teacher looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a global leading company and a world-class international school.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge
- Proven experience of teaching Science to A Level / DP
- Willingness to embrace IB Philosophy
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Significant experience of the National Curriculum for England
To be considered for this post you must hold a B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in a relevant subject alongside a PGCE / PGDE or equivalent.
The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.