Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Economics Teacher for Al Yasmina Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing next academic year 2022-2023.
Al Yasmina Academy is an outstanding English Curriculum school in the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognised and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners and outstanding teaching and learning, Al Yasmina Academy is an exceptional place to work. It has an exciting, diverse and progressive learning community that annually produces some of the very best I/GCSE and A Level result in the UAE. Our learning culture is under pinned by our core values of excellence, respect, passion, collaboration and creativity allowing all students to thrive. Furthermore, the Academy is extremely proud of its recent ADEK inspection, which rated Al Yasmina Academy as ‘Outstanding’ in all six performance standards, putting it amongst the top schools in the UAE and Middle East.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks Planning, Preparation, Teaching and Lesson Management
• Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching
• Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
• Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
• Setting appropriate and demanding expectations
• Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
• Identifying SEN or very able students
• Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
• Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study
• Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need
• Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
• Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
Using a variety of teaching methods to:
i. match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
ii. use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
iii. select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, I.C.T. and other learning technologies
• Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
• Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
• Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
• Mark and monitor students’ work and set targets for progress
• Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value
• Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognise the level at which the student is achieving
• Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and academy procedures;
• Prepare and present informative reports to parents
• Take part in subject or aspects of the academy’s work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance
• Contribute to the whole academy’s visioning activities.
Other Professional Requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the academy
• Know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching
• Establish effective working relationships and set an outstanding example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
• Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations;
• Co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the academy, department and students
• Contribute to the corporate life of the academy through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the leadership and management of the academy
• Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open evenings/afternoons, Parent Teacher Consultations, and events with partner academys
• Take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to academy policies and practices;
• Liaise effectively with parents
• Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other recognised teacher qualification
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in teaching specialist subject up to KS4 GCSE and KS5 A Level essential. (not suitable for NQT)
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
An application with a cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be made via the website .
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.