Swimming Coach (F/T) from August 2022
Jeddah Prep and Grammar seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Swimming Coach to pass on their passion and love for swimming to our pupils. We want children to enjoy swimming and develop ability and techniques to a a high level. We enthusiastically encourage children to love swimming. All children, from Year 1 to Year 13, are taught to swim on a weekly basis in our two outdoor swimming pools.
The successful candidate will:
“…ensure that every child is water safe and can swim the required 25 metres as set out in the National Curriculum. To work towards achieving this target by the child’s 5th birthday so that basic skills can be practised until children are able to swim with great skills and confidence. To prepare pupils for competitive swimming”.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To teach children to be water safe and teach them the skills of front crawl, breaststroke, butterfly and back stroke.
- To be fully involved in all aspects of training and competitions in school, regionally, nationally and internationally under the guidance of the Head of Sports and PE.
- To encourage the growth and development of squads for swimming competitively.
- To ensure the safety of all pupils and people within the School.
- To complete the annual Lifeguarding, Safeguarding and Health and Safety training and understand and comply with all school policies and practices.
- To immediately report any safeguarding concerns.
- To ensure all children developing skills are recognised with the relevant grades and qualifications.
- To coordinate and train swimming coaches/helpers and School staff, meeting termly to communicate new policies, courses and other relevant grades and qualifications.
- To know and understand the attainment targets for children of varying ages for swimming in line with the new national curriculum and the IPC and ensure that the pupils are meeting and often exceeding expectations
- To plan lessons and ensure that they are uploaded to the curriculum website.
- To organise inter school and school galas and opportunities for pupil observation.
- To annually report on children’s progress and achievements to parents.
- To keep and maintain records of progress for each child.
- To be involved with any fundraising related to swimming.
- To be vigilant in reporting all matters relating to health and safety and to take responsibility for your own personal health and safety.
- To liaise with the PE Department and Maintenance staff with regards to ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the pool and surrounding area is maintained at all times – including changing rooms and toilets.
- First responder for pool maintenance issues.
About Jeddah Prep and Grammar School
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is an ambitious and aspirational school, with a shared vision of academic excellence and personal development and challenge for all our pupils, from the ages of three to eighteen. We are a proud member of COBIS, CAIE, BSME, RSAC, LISTT, SAIKAC and the International Award (DofE).
At our School we focus on preparing children for life. We do this through our teachers who make learning imaginative, creative and inspiring. This motivates children to want to learn and make progress on their learning journey. Art, Music, Sport and extra-curriculars feature highly to provide every child with the opportunity to find their talents and shine.
The School was established in 1967 to serve the needs of the British and Dutch expatriate communities in Jeddah. Today, JPGS welcomes expatriate and Saudi Arabian families alike, with students from a wide range of nationalities whilst retaining a family and community atmosphere. The School is heavily oversubscribed with waiting lists in almost all year groups. Children in the Prep School follow the Cambridge Primary Programme with Checkpoint exams taken at the end of Year 6; whilst the Grammar School prepares pupils for Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSEs and International A Levels.
The School is located in the heart of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s most cosmopolitan and diverse city, where an ultra-modern cityscape lies close to the UNESCO old city of Al-Balad, a piece of old Arabia at its best. Jeddah lies on the Red Sea coast, boasting some of the best private beaches and unspoiled scuba diving to found in the world, and is not far from extensive areas of mountains and desert which offer endless opportunities for outdoor activities and unique cultural experiences.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button, alternatively the following documents are required.
• A full CV containing a recent photograph and details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or last employer.
• A Letter of Application of no more than two pages of A4, detailing your interest in the position and all relevant skills and attributes you wish to bring to our attention.
Please note that incomplete applications will be discarded.
Please email Mrs Arousa Bakhsh, Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
The closing date for applications for this position is Friday 11th February 2022 although initial interviews via Zoom, Skype or telephone may take place before then.
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an ACRO, ICPC police check, written and verbal references and other background checks as required for entrance to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.