Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an experienced, adaptable and committed Social Worker for immediate start.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside a statutory Arabic Curriculum.
Successful applicants will need to understand the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, and spoken Arabic is desirable but not essential. You must hold a relevant Degree in Psychology, and must be able to demonstrate the below criteria:
1. To put the welfare and care of students as the main priority of your role.
2. Be able to assess social, emotional and educational problems which affect a child’s ability to benefit from available educational opportunities
3. To maintain supportive relationships with children, parents/carers and teachers, so that help can be given towards the alleviation of problems concerned with school attendance, material difficulties, mental and physical disabilities and behaviour
4. Provide brief or long term counselling, behavioural programmes such as anger management, social skills training, CBT, nurture groups etc
5. Help to improve the links between the school and home, this can involve working closely with parents, teachers, educational psychologists and other services
6. Be an advocate for children – ensuring their voice is heard and their wellbeing is at the heart of all decisions made
7. Maintain appropriate school records and provide written reports and communications, participate and present if required during CPD sessions.
8. Follow the policies of the school, maintaining confidentiality as per the counselling and safeguarding policies
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An unlimited contract
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or online with the Principal, Mr Riaan Huyser.
Start date for this position will be immediate.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.