Due to the continued success of our GEMS Founders School- Al Mizhar, we are looking to recruit a Social Studies (Moral Education) Teacher for the next academic year. This role will be for a September 2022 start.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class International School located in the heart of Dubai.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. As part of our commitment to developing our teachers, Graduate teachers will benefit from our accreditation with British Schools Overseas and enrollment to our NQT programme; while our more experienced teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world – especially as we expand into more and more countries. GEMS teachers are at the forefront of opportunities for growth and development; with most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
The successful candidate will have:
- B.Ed or subject related degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent. . Open University or online degrees are not acceptable.
- Proven experience of teaching Social studies/Humanities to A Level
- The ability to share your outstanding practice
- UAE British School teaching experience
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. If applying as a teaching couple, please clearly state your partner’s name (if they have also applied), specialism and what year groups they can teach in your Cover Letter. Please ensure to upload a copy of your qualifications, including your teaching credentials in order to be considered for this role.