This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join our school in a key position.
Mesaieed International School is a vibrant community school educating over 1100 students from 3 to 18 years of age and representing over 30 different nationalities. We are proud to be a Bilingual and Multilingual SMART School – an accreditation that recognises the on-going effort we make to ensure our staff understand the research, best practices and approaches that make a real difference to the lives of bilingual and multilingual learners and their families.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are a happy school which places a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration, and communication.
We are seeking an experienced, resilient teacher who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of teaching experience and a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for England. They will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students through a solution focused approach. They will also demonstrate their ability to work independently whilst remaining a strong member of the team. This is an opportunity for a passionate teacher, who shares our vision and commitment to join an aspirational and hardworking team of teachers.
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching BML students in KS3 and KS4 to improve language acquisition
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Work with the Phase Leaders to develop innovative pedagogical approaches to support learning
• Support and assist Phase Leaders in managing and delivering comprehensive, confidential pastoral support to students where required
• Mentor students with BML and SEND needs
• Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe, and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention, and achievement of children
• Work with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnership
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Recent and up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for England
• At least four years’ experience as an outstanding school practitioner in high performing UK or international school
• Experience of using formative assessment systems to evaluate the curriculum offer
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
• Ability to teach maths, English, or science to KS4
• KS5 teaching experience
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, air fares and paid school holidays.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our students, please apply immediately with a one-page letter of application, detailing your experience with reference to the key responsibilities, a full CV, and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.