When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School (GFM) is a new value for money National Curriculum of England School which opened in September 2018 modelled on the highly successful GEMS Founders Dubai School. Initially, it will educate students from FS1 to Year 8 and will build to a full FS to Year 13 School of 4800 students in subsequent years.
The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional Education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
Alongside well-equipped classrooms, the school has good sports provision, large open plan learning areas to support innovation and creative problem solving including robotics and 3D printing, a drama/dance studio, specialist music rooms, full WiFi coverage, dedicated science labs, art rooms and libraries.
FS students have access to attractive indoor and outdoor learning areas. All classrooms are equipped with large LCD screens to enhance student learning.
The school follows the National Curriculum for England, offering IGCSE, AS and A level courses in the future as well as a range of vocational pathways.
About the Role:
We are now looking for an innovative Secondary SEN teacher to join the team at GEMS Founders School, Al Mizhar.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification specializing in Special Education
- Specialization in Secondary School is preferred
- Proven demonstrable experience teaching/supporting varying student education needs with diverse backgrounds
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.