This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher and middle leader to join our school in a key position.
Mesaieed International School is a vibrant community school educating over 1100 students from 3 to 18 years of age and representing over 30 different nationalities. We are proud to be a Bilingual and Multilingual SMART School, an accreditation that recognises the on-going effort we make to ensure our staff understand the research, best practices and approaches that make a real difference to the lives of bilingual and multilingual learners and their families.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are a happy school which places a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration, and communication.
We are seeking a resilient middle leader who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional practitioner who shares our vision and commitment to join an aspirational middle leadership team.
The successful candidate will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students and the confidence to be an independent leader and a strong team player. An ability to teach History or Geography would be an advantage.
• Lead and embed sixth form students in their understanding of our shared vision, mission, and values
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning whilst promoting high expectations of all members of the school community, where sixth form students are exemplary role models for their peers
• Actively lead the sixth form teaching and support team, ensuring the energetic and dedicated contributions of staff and to facilitate and encourage independent student learning
• Strategically lead careers guidance and advice for sixth form, developing a structured careers’ education and university guidance programme.
• Show current knowledge of university requirements and admissions processes in the UK and internationally
• Strategically develop curriculum and academic opportunities for all students, working closely with the Assistant Head for Curriculum and Assessment
• Implement innovative and creative plans for key sixth form events including university fairs, graduation, parent-teacher meetings, open evenings, and the options process
• Ensure that the sixth form are active with regards to student leadership and introducing students focused initiatives, across the whole school
• Oversee the pastoral care of the sixth form and liaise with colleagues to ensure an effective transition from KS4 to KS5
• Analyse data post assessments at AS and A Level; monitor academic progress and liaise with relevant colleagues to plan appropriate interventions as required
• Provide CPD for colleagues on areas of development referenced in the SIP, with a focus on collaborative approaches to learning
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Recent and up to date knowledge of UK National Curriculum and AS and A level requirements
• A minimum of two years’ experience as a middle leader
• Recent and up to date knowledge of UK and international university requirements
• Experience of using formative assessment systems to evaluate the curriculum
• A record of delivering strong CPD
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnerships
• Experience as a middle leader in the UK or international school
• A leadership qualification
• An ability to teach Humanities or Mathematics to A level
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, air fares and paid school holidays.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our students, please apply immediately with a one-page letter of application, detailing your experience with reference to the key responsibilities, a full CV, and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.