Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline, and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over four decades.
Our schools have a world class range of learning and teaching opportunities, with a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilising cutting edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support possible ways of life for space explorers. Our world class STEAM centre offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. Preparing our students for the future we also run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy for business and entrepreneurship our Primary students. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice.
At the core of our approach is our pioneering work in Positive Education. Through this approach our schools foster active engagement in learning and activities, celebrating positive emotions and accomplishments, encouraging students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation and ‘Outstanding’ in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes.
We are seeking to appoint a School Counsellor who is passionate, motivated, and committed to providing high-quality counselling service to our students. A key part of this role is to provide counselling services on an individual basis, drop–in sessions, group sessions and will be pro-active in the school’s commitment to student wellbeing. This an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking, experienced and energetic professional to join an already thriving Wellbeing department in August 2022.
The School Counsellor will work closely with the school management in planning and implementing a counselling system for students for the assigned school or assigned phases across our schools.
The candidate must:
• Provide a high-quality counselling intervention to students experiencing a wide range of emotional problems ensuring equality of access.
• Provide support, guidance and advice to parents, carers and the school.
• Liaise with staff to ensure that the pupils receive the support they need.
• Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people.
• Conduct case consultations to school personnel and parents
• Train teachers and parents on counselling-related issues
• Identify, devise, and deliver specialised guidance programmes for students who need additional help in the area of social and emotional development
• Deliver therapeutic intervention based on the need of the individuals and provide referral to external services as needed
• Build deep and meaningful relationships with students, staff and parents and be able to facilitate and lead positive outcomes in all situations
• Candidate should hold a degree in Counselling or Psychology or Psychotherapy.
• Must have at least three years’ experience in this field and be well versed in dealing with a range of student needs across a whole school setting or working with an assigned phase across 2 schools.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be able to create and deploy effective systems across the school.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.