Aldar Education is currently seeking an outstanding School Principal for ADNOC School, Ruwais, commencing immediately.
ADNOC School – Ruwais offers world-class amenities and is designed to provide learners with a 21st Century curriculum using the latest technology and world-class facilities. The school delivers the renowned US Massachusetts/ Common Core curriculum and currently educates over 1,100 Emirati and international students from KG through Grade 12. In addition, high school students have access to AP (Advanced Placement) examinations, accredited by the US College Board. Students graduate with the American High School Diploma.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Successful candidates will combine excellent track records of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA or other international settings, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to inspire a school community and manage the demands and needs of all stakeholders. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are central to this role. The role requires strategic thinking with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the local community and developing ways to engage with parents and forge effective partnerships with them.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Strategic, operational, and financial responsibility for the school
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students, and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
- BA in Education or BA Degree with relevant teaching qualification is essential
- Master’s in education or similar level qualification essential
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position
- US curriculum experience is preferred
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
- Ability to understand the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school is essential
What We Offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.