Al Shohub Private School was founded in 1999 by Her Highness Sheikha Shaikha Bint Saif Al Nahyan to provide exceptional education in Abu Dhabi.
We are located in the heart of Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi in a purpose-built educational facility. Al Shohub is a British curriculum through school offering places from FS to Year 13 with co-ed provision from FS to Year 6 and an all-girls environment in secondary.
The large majority of our students are Emiratis. Our school is deeply rooted in the values of the Emirati community, driven by the aspirations of parents, and guided by the requirements of our regulatory body, ADEK.
WE OFFER OUR TEACHERS:
- A manageable workload, typically email free weekends and evenings, a positive work-life balance
- Opportunities to grow professionally with a CPD budget allocated for every staff member and increased leadership opportunities within each phase
- Availability of resources within all subjects with the allocation of departmental budgets to enable elevated T&L and student achievement across the school
- In-class support with a TA in every FS and Primary class and the planned appointment of TAs in Secondary
- Prioritised staff wellbeing across the school, consultative leadership, a positive work environment
WE EXPECT OUR TEACHERS TO:
- Stay current by reading widely around education, curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment
- Commit to the wellbeing and academic growth of every child at Al Shohub
- Engage in the growth of the school and actively initiate and participate in all aspects of that growth
- Demonstrate a continued willingness to grow as educators and practitioners by seeking out and actively participating in internal and external CPD opportunities
- Have a positive, professional can-do attitude, be collegial, avoid negativity and casual gossip
We are looking for Primary Teachers for a September 2022 start.
- At least two years of experience teaching the National Curriculum (British curriculum)
- Fluent, error free English language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or another relevant field with a teaching qualification specialising in Early Years
- Female only
- Experience working with Emirati students and/or students for whom English is an additional language
- Understanding of and experience with data analysis, GL assessments and AfL
- Experience with RWI, T4W
- Middle leadership experience
Al Shohub Private School is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. All employees must ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Statement at all times.
This appointment will be subject to checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and past employers.