At GEMS International School, we are looking for an experienced Primary School SEN/Inclusion Teacher (Pre-K – G5) to join us from August ’22 for the start of the new academic year. This is an exciting opportunity for a specialized educator who is excited to join our world class schools and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level.
- Plan, prepare, research lessons and adapt teaching materials to successfully motivate and deliver the required curriculum to students
- Teach students on an individual, class or small group basis
- Liaise with parents, external agencies and a range of other professionals, counselors, and administrators
- Work closely with Teachers and TAs to ensure appropriate monitoring and support for SEN students
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Value
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a valid teaching qualification in Special Needs Education or Inclusion (a Masters qualification in SEN is preferred)
- A minimum of 2 year’s solid and demonstrable teaching experience working with students with additional needs in secondary school grades
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and colleagues
- A passion for inclusion and the creation of inclusive schools
- Evidence of continued professional development in the field of special educational needs
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- Strong academic back-ground, work-ethic, well-organised with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write IEPs, assess student progress, and set appropriate goals for students with IEPs
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.