RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’ with a core purpose of ‘delivering excellent learning opportunities, developing leadership skills at all levels, and providing responsive service, built upon an ethos of sustainability.’
British School Al Rams (BSR)
Located in northern Ras Al Khaimah city in the Al Rams Township. BSR is a mid-sized primary school delivering an adapted UK National Curriculum from Pre-K to Grade 5 (FS1 to Year 6) and the UAE MOE subjects. BSR is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO), benchmarked against leading international British schools.
BSR is looking for a positive, driven, and inspirational Inclusion/SEN teacher to join for the Academic Year in 2022- 2023. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge and understanding of teaching children with Additional Support Needs including students who have English as an Additional Language. The ideal candidate will be able to complete the core roles of an Inclusion Teacher:
• Consultation with staff
• Planning learning and teaching; including co-operative teaching with class teachers
• Identification and Assessment of barriers to learning; including second language needs
• Collegiate working with specialist services
• Contribute to whole staff professional development
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Hold a formal post-graduate qualification in Inclusion
• Have a proven track record of meeting students needs in a mainstream school environment
• Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
• It is essential to be trained in either British or IB Curriculums. Experience in both curriculums will be highly regarded.
• Experience within a Similar role or position
• Ability to oversee and implement the analysis of student outcomes
• Understand curriculum design and the concept of a developing an aspirational, cumulative curriculum
• Take responsibility for leading the development and resourcing of the curriculum in collaboration with middle and senior leaders
The School Offers
• Tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
• Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• School places for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
• Access to our professional development opportunities.