About the position:
We are seeking a competent and forward-thinking Primary School Art Teacher to join our team in August 2022. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the team of educators within an IB World school. This position reports to the Primary School Principal and is located in the main building of the school.
About the school:
SISQ is an IB World school and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
We are a growing school in Qatar with a strong reputation for offering a quality educational program, very competitive salary and an excellent place for teachers to work. Qatar has proven to be a safe place for families during the ongoing pandemic. We have high vaccination rates, free movement, and very few restrictions on life. Along with hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2022, Qatar is a vibrant country with a lot to offer the expats that live here.
About the role:
As the classroom teacher you will manage learning by:
– Committing to student learning and safeguarding
– Showing continuous commitment to students and their learning
– Use of varied assessments in the classroom to reflect students’ learning
– Responsible for managing and monitoring each student’s progress
– Demonstrate and encourage inquiry learning and concept-based instruction
– Apply differentiation in class
– Ensure that all evidence and recording of student’s work are kept up-to-date, while possessing accuracy in reporting writing through peer review
– Report to parents through informal and formal meetings, anecdotal records, incident report, reflection, feedback and conferences
– Ensure the safety and welfare of the students and resources in your care
Furthermore, you will possess professional management of self, planning and reflection by:
– Work collaboratively with all SISQ staff; able to demonstrate your collaborative planning and reflection, level weekly planning, involvement in PYP/Whole School meetings, School events etc
– Demonstrating a positive attitude in dealing with the students, parents and colleagues
– Ensure thorough planning, informed delivery, assessment of the IB programs of Study, Scope and Sequence, Areas of Inquiry and target setting are in accordance with the IBO requirements so as to facilitate progression in learning
– Weekly planning is available and units of inquiry are planned for throughout the year
– Implementing SISQ policies at all times
– Promptly respond to any parent queries / concerns, escalating where required
– Share your expertise or learning in your subject area and best classroom practices with your peers.
– Take part in personal development inside and outside of SISQ to develop and enhance your teaching practices and knowledge
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
> BA Degree in Education / Primary Education / Art & Design
> Age must not exceed 49 years of age at the time of joining the school
> Minimum of 3 year’s prior experience working as Primary Art Teacher within the Primary school and inquiry-based teaching
> Fluent in English
> Excellent communication skills
> Efficient and strong organisational skills
> Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, energetic and positive