Mesaieed International School – Primary Campus is a thriving, happy and vibrant school with high aspirations for its students, staff, and the diverse community it serves.
Our modern school is the heart of a kind and welcoming community based over three separate campuses – secondary, primary and EYFS. We provide education for 1,100 children, aged 3-18 years, representing over 30 different nationalities. We are proud to be a Bilingual and Multilingual SMART School – an accreditation that recognises the on-going effort we make to ensure our staff understand the research, best practices and approaches that make a real difference to the lives of bilingual multilingual learners and their families.
We are seeking a driven senior leader with a passion for shaping thinking and practice as we continue to strive for excellence in all areas of our school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to join an aspirational, truly collaborative leadership team.
We need someone who has a strong understanding of teaching and learning across the primary age phases and who can work with our highly effective leadership team to encourage great teaching and excellent learning opportunities across all year groups. You will believe in; ‘every child, every lesson, every day’ and bring out the best in our dedicated staff and our amazing children.
This role will have a key focus on welfare and safeguarding so the ability to form relationships and build trust within our diverse community will be essential as will an understanding of safeguarding in an international setting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding leader to play a substantial role in shaping our school’s future – leading in an environment of professional autonomy and trust within an ambitious, forward-thinking leadership team.
We are looking for someone who:
• At least three years’ experience in a leadership capacity preferably in the UK
• Has a vision for outstanding provision across the primary school
• Shows a genuine interest and real passion for their area(s) of expertise
• Is a real team player able to work effectively with colleagues across all age phases in a 3 – 18 school
• Has a secure understanding of an evidenced based, contextually driven school improvement cycle
• Has up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for England and recent curriculum developments
• Has an ability to recognise and celebrate success and provide effective and credible feedback
• Understands the vital importance of parent and community partnership
• Can lead on professional development to raise expectations and awareness around student behaviour, care, and wellbeing
• Has L3 safeguarding training and current experience leading in this area
• A good understanding of systems and processes to support the academic and social development of vulnerable children and those with SEND
In return for your passion and ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of QatarEnergy. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.