Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher – Elementary for Al Danah Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2022 – 2023.
Al Danah Charter School is KG and Cycle One school located in the outskirts of Abu Dhabi providing a high-quality education to over 1700 students. Charter Schools are the outcome of a unique and exciting partnership between the government and private sectors in Abu Dhabi and offer the American Common Core Curriculum of Massachusetts. At Al Danah Charter School our dedicated team are committed to providing a dynamic, vibrant and holistic education where students feel safe, secure and confident. Our mission statement, ‘Excite, Challenge, Empower’ lays the foundation in creating an environment where students are encouraged and supported to realize their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and secure the commitment of others to the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement in school.
- Have a range of teaching, learning and behavior management strategies and know how to use and adapt them, including how to personalize learning and provide opportunities for all learners to achieve their potential.
- Know the assessment requirements and arrangements for the subjects/curriculum areas they are trained to teach, including those relating to public examinations and qualifications
- Be informed of a range of approaches to assessment, including the importance of formative assessment.
- To follow assessment guidance set out in the whole school assessment policy.
- Know how to use local and national statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching, to monitor the progress of those they teach and to raise levels of attainment.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of curriculum areas to enable you to teach effectively across the age and ability range for which you are trained to teach.
- Know and understand the relevant statutory and non-statutory curricula frameworks for your curriculum areas (all taught areas), and other relevant initiatives across the age and ability range for which you are trained to teach.
- Know how to use skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT to support your teaching and wider professional activities e.g. planning and assessment.
- Understand how children develop and that the progress and well-being of learners are affected by a range of developmental, social, religious, ethnic, cultural and linguistic influences.
- Be an excellent practitioner who is an example to staff, pupils and parents in terms of:
- High personal standards of classroom practice
- Providing stimulating and challenging learning environment
- Excellent subject knowledge of Mathematics and English
- The ability to plan, assess and evaluate to a high standard
- High expectations of pupil achievement
- Commitment and professionalism
- Organizational and school operation skills
- Excellent leadership understanding of whole school assessment and data analysis
- To comply with Policies and procedures, ICT acceptable use policy and code of conduct.
- To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community activities
- Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development, including undertaking personal training and professional development identified through performance management.
- Safeguarding children’s H&S in school and on authorized school activities elsewhere.
- Other responsible duties as directed by the School Principal
- BA in Education or Bachelor in relevant major and PGCE or equivalent Teaching Qualification
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the given position after completion of the mandatory Education & Qualifications requirement
- Experience of an American Curriculum would be desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- A good knowledge of Primary pedagogy.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.