Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding School Counsellor for Al Danah Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2022 – 2023.
Al Danah Charter School is KG and Cycle One school located in the outskirts of Abu Dhabi providing a high-quality education to over 1700 students. Charter Schools are the outcome of a unique and exciting partnership between the government and private sectors in Abu Dhabi and offer the American Common Core Curriculum of Massachusetts. At Al Danah Charter School our dedicated team are committed to providing a dynamic, vibrant and holistic education where students feel safe, secure and confident. Our mission statement, ‘Excite, Challenge, Empower’ lays the foundation in creating an environment where students are encouraged and supported to realize their full potential.
School Counsellors will help students evaluate their abilities, interest, talents, and personalities to develop realistic academic and career goals. Counsellors use interviews, counselling sessions, interest and aptitude assessment tests.
Personal Mental Health Counsellors will provide psychological support and deliver therapeutic and supportive interventions to support students manage social and emotional challenges, both to individuals, in small target groups and utilising whole school initiatives to promote wellbeing.
- Help students enhance personal, social, and academic growth and wellbeing
- Monitor the progress of individual students
- Make contact with parents to discuss student behaviour or support needs
- Take steps to prevent bullying and support victims of bullying
- Help students develop job search skills, such as resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Help students understand and deal with social, behaviour, and personal problems
- Deliver therapeutic intervention based on the need of the individuals and provide referral to external services as needed
- Emphasize preventive and developmental counselling to provide students with life skills needed to deal with problems before they worsen and to enhance students’ personal, social, and academic growth.
- Provide special services such as conflict resolution classes; identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems that can affect a student’s development
PERSONAL MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLING
- Works with individual students and groups of students in regards to appropriate social, emotional and development issues.
- Maintains an awareness of cultural influences regarding social development of adolescents and delivers culturally sensitive therapies.
- Monitors students who may be at risk in regards to social and emotional issues and makes appropriate referrals for interventions outside of school in consultation with parents.
- Promotes wellbeing of students via whole school and community awareness initiatives.
- Works closely with the pastoral team and safeguarding leads.
- Bachelor of Science/Education in Social Work
- Bachelor of Counselling
- Bachelor of Psychology – with subsequent post graduate counselling qualfiications
- Minimum of 2 years experience in school counselling or other counselling experience required
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Appropriate license to carryout student counselling
- Strong interpersonal skills with both students and parents
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Strong desire to help others and should be able to inspire respect, trust, and confidence
- Must possess high emotional and physical energy to handle the array of problems addressed
- Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.