Aldar Education are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher – SEN for Al Danah Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2022 – 2023.
Al Danah Charter School is KG and Cycle One school located in the outskirts of Abu Dhabi providing a high-quality education to over 1700 students. Charter Schools are the outcome of a unique and exciting partnership between the government and private sectors in Abu Dhabi and offer the American Common Core Curriculum of Massachusetts. At Al Danah Charter School our dedicated team are committed to providing a dynamic, vibrant and holistic education where students feel safe, secure and confident. Our mission statement, ‘Excite, Challenge, Empower’ lays the foundation in creating an environment where students are encouraged and supported to realize their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Encourage and promote ‘inclusion within the classroom’ across the school at all levels
- Be an exemplary classroom teacher, supporting and guiding staff on SEN and inclusion to promote high standards of educational achievement
- Liaise closely with colleagues from other schools, outside agencies and other professionals under the direction of the Head of SEN
- Maintain accurate records, develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) and coordinate care plans under the direction of the Head of Inclusion
- Review SEN student school assessment data and conduct assessments to identify priority areas for targeted intervention
- Plan and deliver a range of intervention programmes to support individual needs
- Track and monitor pupil progress and the impact of intervention programmes
- Support the Head of SEN with training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families
- Contribute to school pastoral committee as required
- Support the aims of the school; comply with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
- Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development, including undertaking personal training and professional development identified through performance management.
- Safeguarding children’s H&S in school and on authorized school activities elsewhere.
- Other responsible duties as directed by the School Principal.
- BA in Special Education or Education or Psychology with PGCE or equivalent Teaching Qualifications and Certifications.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the given position after completion of the mandatory Education & Qualifications requirement.
- Strong experience teaching the Common Core and American Curriculum is desirable.
- Previous experience working with students whose English is not their first language.
- A good knowledge of Primary pedagogy.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.