Qatar International School (QIS) is a world-class British International school, offering an outstanding education to students aged from three to 18 years old.
Our learning-focused, caring, and creative school was recently judged to be one of the best in the world by British Schools Overseas, and we are now looking for an outstanding Head of Early Years Foundation Stage to join us for the start of the 2022-23 academic year.
If you are an enthusiastic, passionate, and well-qualified Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) practitioner with solid leadership experience, we’d love to hear from you.
As Head of Early Years Foundation Stage, you will:
- Be responsible for the leadership and management of the department, and improvement planning.
- Continuously raise standards across the stage.
- Be visionary and creative in the implementation of the curriculum and assessment procedures.
- Be a leading practitioner, modelling effective methodology and practice to inspire Early Years Foundation Stage team members.
- Analyse, understand and interpret performance data.
- Lead, manage and evaluate the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning .
- Lead and organise the work of the department, including leading planning CPD, meetings, planning lessons, organising educational visits and enrichment opportunities.
- Develop and creatively expand the indoor and outdoor learning environment.
- Coordinate and evaluate continuity and progression across FS1 and FS2.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the stage.
As a successful candidate you will be offered a highly competitive employment package, and a wealth of professional development opportunities to support your career growth. You will become part of a genuinely supportive, ambitious and motivated team, working within the Early Years setting.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should have:
- Relevant teaching qualifications, and extensive teaching and leadership experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- A record of outstanding classroom practice.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of how children learn at this stage, and how this affects a child’s future development.
- Solid working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage assessment, recording and reporting requirements.
- Experience of effective involvement of parents in their children’s education.
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate the children and staff in the pursuit of excellence.
- Previous involvement in the implementation of whole school initiatives.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile, spread positivity and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
QIS is one of the best international schools both in the nation of Qatar and in the wider Middle East region – we are one of only three schools in the world to hold BSO’s ‘Gold Standard’. Our recent BSO report wrote:
‘The school is highly effective in enabling all students to develop their personal skills and qualities. Students are thoughtful, well behaved, treat others with respect and have well developed social skills.’
‘The school is held in high regard by the wider community and parents. Students are proud to be members of the school and value the opportunities it provides.’
‘Positive relationships between staff and students create a learning environment where students feel safe and valued. Students are engaged and interested in their learning.’
Our primary school – currently comprised of about 1,000 students – is a vibrant, fun and multicultural place of learning. It offers an engaging and warm environment, where children and staff alike are encouraged to investigate and develop their curiosity.
In Early Years and KS1, our students enjoy a thematic curriculum delivered through continuous provision (EYFS) or thematic/linked provision (KS1), plus specialist lessons for Arabic, Islamic Studies, PE and Music. Our class teachers are highly trained in programmes such as Talk 4 Writing and Read-Write-Inc, which we use to enrich the children’s learning. Classes are supported by trained, qualified, and experienced teaching assistants.
We offer a generous tax-free package including:
- A friendly, supportive environment in one of the best British International Schools in the world – CIS fast-track accredited and one of only three globally to hold the British Schools Overseas (BSO) Gold Award.
- World-class training and development opportunities.
- Highly competitive monthly salary.
- Free furnished private accommodation with all utility bills paid.
- Free return flights home each year.
- Generous paid annual leave.
- Free school places, flights, and medical insurance for children.
- Allowances for extra baggage and legal documents.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for Qatar and your home country.
- Enhanced end-of-service gratuity package for long servers.
- Unlimited sunshine in the World Cup 2022 host nation – consistently ranked as one of the world’s wealthiest and safest countries!
Application and interview
We don’t believe in long, pointless application forms! We just need you to send us your CV and a covering letter that explains why you want to join us at Qatar International School, and what you can bring to the team.
Initial interviews may be conducted online, or face-to-face if the candidate is in Qatar. Successful candidates will be fully supported all the way through to their joining day – and far beyond.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of excellent applications we receive for such a small number of vacancies, we are unable to notify those who have not been shortlisted.