We are looking for an experienced Middle School Vice Principal to join our team. The successful applicant will start in August 2022.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission, GEMS core values as well as all policies and practices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• Work closely with the HOS to establish effective and globally relevant practices of teaching & learning. Implement the school’s vision for quality, pupil-centric teaching and learning at all levels in the school linked with the GEMS expectation of excellent education.
• Integrate GEMS core values into the planning and delivery of all curricular and co-curricular lessons and activity.
• Plan the development of teachers’ skills sets to reach levels expected, including integration of ICT in the classroom.
• Develop minimum learning outcomes for all subjects/set benchmarks to raise standards.
• Help staff develop professionally.
• Help meet time-based school improvement targets in consultation with the HOS and Secondary Principal.
• Communicate, lead and coordinate a cohesive positive student behavior system approach that develops consistency among teachers and includes parents in the design.
• Conduct needs-based lesson observation/lesson appraisals and provide focused effective feedback in order to meet School improvement targets.
• Arrange special training in the use of multi- media / GLG for all new staff to ensure consistency and high standards within the school.
• Work with the Senior leadership team to establish clear, skills-based teaching and learning.
• Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
• Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
Required qualifications and key skills:
• University degree in Education (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent), with school leadership certification.
• Or/ University degree in Educational Leadership (Bachelor’s or equivalent).
• A minimum of six years teaching experience including School management experience.
• Proven record of successful demonstration of pedagogical knowledge
• Proven record as an instructional leader with a deep understanding of teaching and learning in the secondary grades, the IB programme and the IB Learner Profile.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively
• Experience with and knowledge of standards-based American curriculum.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the total school program.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about student culture and experience and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Candidates should submit the following documents in one single pdf file:
• Brief letter of application stating reasons for your interest in the position.
• A current CV/resume
• Statement of philosophy of education and educational leadership (not to exceed two pages).
• Reference page with the contact details of at least three references including your current supervisor.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, free school place for dependent, annual flight allowance, and end of service gratuity