The School reserves the right to make an earlier appointment and early applications from interested teachers are an advantage.
The British School of Bahrain
We are BSB, a school rooted in the historic and culturally rich country of Bahrain, which is now growing within the global community. Join us on this journey.
The British School of Bahrain is committed to providing high quality, international education for students in the Kingdom of Bahrain. We are a selective, coeducational, independent Nursery-through-Year 13 school. Our curriculum is based on the National Curriculum for England and Wales, with some adaptations to the local context and offers IGCSE and A-Level/BTEC examinations. While the language of academic instruction is English, we are a truly international school, and our pupils and staff come from over 82 different nationalities. The School has 3000 students on roll aged 3-18, it has a warm feel to it, and there is a sense of fun. Most importantly, our students are a joy to teach.
Teaching and & Learning at BSB
BSB is a member of the Inspired global group of schools, which aspires to the highest standards in private education. Integrating innovative, challenging and enriching programmes in the academic curriculum, performing arts and sport is central to the Inspired approach.
Judged as ‘Outstanding’ in our most recent BQA inspection, we have high expectations of our students throughout their educational journey. Our aim is to provide our graduating students with a passport to the best universities, colleges and careers around the world.
We are looking for a reflective practitioner who:
• Places the individual child at the centre of everything that they do.
• Is a team player and must have a passion for achieving high levels of learning.
• Prioritises happiness, enjoyment and a sense of fun in their work and lessons.
• Had a relevant degree, PGCE or BEd or the equivalent. This must be in the subject you apply to teach.
• Has a passion for their subject and pedagogical development.
• Is confident with the use of IT in teaching.
• Has high expectations and aspirations for all students.
• Has a demonstratable commitment to the overall development of young people.
• Can provide an Enhanced Disclosure/DBS/ACRO Police Check or equivalent, and who is committed to the welfare of all children.
To be considered for this position, you will need to meet our qualifications and experience requirements.
In return, we offer an attractive expatriate remuneration package, including competitive salary, housing allowance, health insurance, annual flight and relocation assistance.
The British School of Bahrain is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position, please complete the TES online application. The application form will be automatically directed to the BSB Human Resources Department or you can send your application and credentials via BSB HR’s email address email@example.com as soon as possible. We do not accept Curriculum Vitae or Resumes. All applications will be acknowledged via email.
We request references for all candidates that we invite to interview.
For non-local applicants, interviews will take place via Zoom. Applicants will be invited to conduct two interviews, one with the Executive Headmaster of BSB and the other with the Head of each School.