Mesaieed International School – Primary Campus is a thriving, happy and vibrant school with high aspirations for its students, staff, and the diverse community it serves.
Our modern school is the heart of a kind and welcoming community – providing education for 1,100 children, aged 3-18 years, representing over 30 different nationalities. We are proud to be a Bilingual and Multilingual SMART School – an accreditation that recognises the on-going effort we make to ensure our staff understand the research, best practices and approaches that make a real difference to the lives of bilingual and multilingual learners and their families.
We are looking for hard working, inspirational teachers with excellent references, recent UK experience and an ambition to be part of a school on the journey to excellence. We are on our way to achieving our goal and can promise a stimulating, challenging, and rewarding environment in which to work. Taking risks will be encouraged and we will provide opportunities for you to reflect on and develop your pedagogy. An absolute strength of our school are our students. They are overwhelmingly polite, respectful, considerate, and eager to learn. What they need are great teachers who can unlock their potential.
The successful candidate will love teaching and:
• Have excellent subject knowledge across the curriculum allowing them to facilitate the provision of a challenging and enjoyable experience where children can learn and deepen their understanding
• Create energy and a learning focused climate in their classroom, ensuring children are motivated and confident and constantly prepared to reflect and improve
• Know their class well and are exceptionally skilled at planning and adapting their teaching to meet the needs of every child
• Aspire to promote our vision and the QatarEnergy values in all their work
• Are continually looking to develop their own practice
• Form positive, proactive partnerships with colleagues and parents
• Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching, and learning
• Engage teaching assistants as vital partners in the learning process
• Has knowledge and experience of using RWI (KS1 only) the mastery approach for teaching and learning in mathematics and understanding of assessment tools, e.g., Target Tracker
• Provide a language rich learning environment to ensure rapid English language acquisition for our BML learners
In return for your passion and for ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of QatarEnergy. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above and a full CV.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.