The role involves small group and 1:1 learning support for literacy, mathematics, motor skills, and/or language, from EYFS to Year 6 & Secondary.
The Individual Needs Support Assistant will support the teachers in enhancing the effective involvement of pupils with SEND and/or learning barriers in their academic and social development.
Reporting to: Inclusion Leader / Achievement Centre Manager
• Plan and implement activities to support the IEP targets, follow structured literacy intervention programmes, and report professionally on the student’s progress and outcomes when communicating with parents and teachers.
• Provide in-class support in lessons, to facilitate successful access to differentiated learning,
• Work alongside teachers and other staff to support pupils’ learning, especially those with SEND or a learning barrier.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement, under the guidance of teachers.
• Monitor, maintain & review records of pupil progress over time and support teachers to plan subsequent learning based on their needs.
• Maintaining the Achievement Centre learning environments and developing appropriate resources for students.
• Apply strategies to promote pupils’ self-esteem, self-confidence and independence
• Work as part of an Inclusion Team, accessing relevant training and attending parent review meetings where necessary
• Candidate should have a GCSE in English, or equivalent, and be a proficient communicator in spoken and written English.
• Should have a relevant qualification and/or proof of completed training in education, special educational needs, and/or teaching English as a foreign language.
• Prior experience in working in a support role in a school setting.
• Available to work from 7 am – 4:30 pm.
• Strong work ethic along with a commitment to staff and student privacy.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of inclusive pedagogies is an advantage
• Knowledge of SEND is an advantage