RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’ with a core purpose of ‘delivering excellent learning opportunities, developing leadership skills at all levels, and providing responsive service, built upon an ethos of sustainability.’
International School Khuzam (ISK)
ISK is situated in Khuzam which is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. We are uniquely placed, being the only secondary school out of the five RAK Academy schools. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). ISK is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
ISK is looking for a positive, driven and inspirational librarian to join the school’s Library Department.
• A Bachelors in Library Studies.
• Experience in managing and working in school libraries.
• Passion for reading, literacy, study, research and a love of books (e-books and traditional).
• An ability to develop modern approaches to library provision linked to supporting curriculum outcomes.
• Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
• Confidence in managing library software.
• The ability to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
• Reflective practice with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
• Positivity and enthusiasm working with children.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teachers and school leaders.
• Willingness to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
• Most importantly, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all decision-making will be based on what is best for our learners”.
The School Offers
• Monthly tax free salary and benefits package.
• Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.