Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is a BSO-accredited school that presently caters for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 8. We plan to add another Year level each year until we become a fully 3-18 British International School.
The recent move into a purpose-built, state-of-the-art building reflects the owners and senior leaders’ ambition to achieve excellence. Integral to this is strengthening our provision for ICT.
As such we are seeking a qualified and experienced ICT Teacher to join us and our team of Specialist Subject Teachers. In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
We are also interested in hearing from qualified and experienced ICT Teachers currently in Kuwait, who are working or have previously worked for a BSO-accredited British International school.
What you offer
You are fully conversant with Key Stage 1 and 2 curricula, and can also teach your subject across Key Stage 3. You are a teacher who can reflect upon and adapt their own practice to monitor and raise attainment while instilling confidence and independence in our pupils.
- A Bachelors Degree in ICT or a related subject and a certified teaching qualification such as B.Ed. PGCE, PGDE or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of your subject area as evidenced by your experience, passion and CPD in teaching ICT.
- Proven UK teaching experience or international experience within a British curriculum-based, BSO-accredited school.
- Sustained outstanding attainment in ICT and Computing across KS2 and KS3.
- Sustained outstanding assessment in ICT and Computing.
- Promoting safeguarding of all students and equality of opportunity for all students and staff.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check.
- Google Workspace for Education certified.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Chrome device management.
- Familiarity with initiatives such as Philosophy for Children and Growth Mindset.
How to apply
Email your application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and should arrive no later than Thursday 11th November 2021. We reserve the right to interview at any point during the recruitment process so early applications are positively encouraged.
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype), telephone or in person if you are currently in Kuwait.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, you should presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.