RAK Academy is a family of five highly regarded international schools that provide both British and International Baccalaureate curriculum pathways. Our vision is to develop ‘Learning Excellence with a Community Heart’.
By ensuring excellent leadership at all levels throughout our schools we aim to provide our students with a world class education, which is also based on an ethos of sustainability.
International School Khuzam (ISK)
ISK is situated in Khuzam which is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. We are uniquely placed, being the only secondary school out of the five RAK Academy schools. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). ISK is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
ISK is looking for a positive, driven, and inspirational Humanities teacher to join a large, successful, and vibrant Humanities department. Geography and History are taught from Grades 6 to 8 to all students. Moral Education and Social Studies are taught from Grade 6 to 8 and Grades 6 to 9 respectively. In Grades 9 and 10, Geography, History, and Global Perspectives are offered as IGCSE subject options. In Grades 11 and 12, Geography and History are option subjects in both the A-level and International Baccalaureate Diploma pathways.
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities subject.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Ability to teach across the humanities subjects.
- Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
- Be highly proficient in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
- Engage, motivate and support students.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff and have a growth mindset .
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE/A-Level courses (Early Career Teachers are welcome to apply).
- Experience of teaching a humanities subject for the IB Diploma
- Experience of using Google suite, e.g., Google classroom.
- Have a proven record of increasing student outcome.
The school offers:
- A tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance.
- Single status candidates and teaching couple are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits including annual travel allowance, medical insurance, UAE residency visa.
- Access to our professional development opportunities both internally and externally.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.