We are looking for a versatile and dynamic teacher of Humanities and Psychology.
The successful candidates should be able to teach at least one Humanities subject (Geography, History or Travel & Tourism) and Psychology. They should have experience of either A level, IB or an international examination-based system.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that both challenges and supports our young people. We place high value on learning and the well-being of all our students. We also promote the professional development of our teachers, believing that a culture of life-long learning is the key to success. Most importantly, we are happy schools that place a strong emphasis on trust, collaboration and communication.
We are seeking an experienced, resilient teacher who can inspire both students and colleagues to build on the strong foundations of our schools. The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of teaching experience. They will be committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students through a solution focused approach. They will also demonstrate their ability to work independently whilst remaining a strong member of the languages team. This is an opportunity for a passionate teacher, who shares our vision and commitment to join an aspirational and hardworking team of teachers.
• Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and experience of teaching Humanities subject(s) to students from KS3 to KS5
• Demonstrate experience of (or the capacity) teaching Psychology to students
• Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
• Develop innovative pedagogical approaches within planning and teaching and learning
• Ensure students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement of all children
• Work with the community to develop good relationships and parent/school partnerships
• Degree in Humanities or Psychology
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Three years’ experience teaching Humanities and Psychology
• A proven track record as an outstanding practitioner
• A team player, able to foster trust and offer challenge to colleagues
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued personal and professional development
• Experience working in an international school
Salary and benefit package
In return for your passion and ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of QatarEnergy. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you include your current headteacher/principal as one of your referees.
Disclaimer: QatarEnergy Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks.