GEMS Founders School – Al Mizhar is an international UK curriculum school, providing students in the Dubai with the high standard of education that GEMS Education embodies.
We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Assistant for GEMS Founders School, Al Mizhar, Dubai. The HR Assistant would be supporting with the day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Managing the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Providing support and advice in the various human resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development and employee counseling.
The other job responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Advise management and staff on UAE Labour law regulations and compliance.
- Prepare employment contracts and maintain all personnel files of employees in coordination with the PRO and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements.
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on school policies, procedures and documentations.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school policies, compensation and benefit programs.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain HRIS database, employee files and records.
- Update employee handbook as required.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues as requested.
- Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate office.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
• A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience working within Human Resources.
• Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
• Experienced in using MS Office and HR Systems
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
• Solid communication skills and attention to detail.
• Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
• Advanced MS Excel skills will be an added advantage.