Aldar Academies is currently seeking an outstanding Drama Teacher (up to GCSE and comprising c. 55% of contact time), who is also comfortable with some Key Stage 3 art lessons (c. 35%), at Al Ain Academy commencing September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education to the region. The children are taught the English National Curriculum, tailored to be meaningful to both Emirati and expatriate children living in Al Ain. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astroturf field, two swimming pools, well stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas.
We provide a warm, friendly and supportive environment where pupils enjoy learning and achieving in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
In a short period of time the school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of assessment data. We have highly dedicated and talented staff, mainly from the UK, who work in partnership with parents to ensure success for all.
Our competitive package includes tax-free salary with a new, improved salary scale commencing September 2022; accommodation, flight allowance and medical insurance for the whole family. Aldar Education provides and funds a wide range of CPD opportunities to further careers, while you will also benefit from the UAE’s 4.5 day working week and the school’s major commitment to staff well-being.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Promote the safety, wellbeing, and happiness of pupils at the school.
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress, and outcomes of the pupils you teach.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure pupils’ progress.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behaviours, which are expected of pupils.
- Promote the school’s policies and high expectations of pupils and ensure that all pupils benefit from an effective learning environment.
- Proactively participate in the Development and Appraisal process, maintaining evidence against targets set leading to documented professional growth
- Contribute to school life through both contractual duties and participation in wider events and initiatives that enrich the AAA experience for pupils.
- Support the school’s development plan
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and certification in PGCE Education.
- Experience of teaching the English national curriculum, including GCSE and A-level, is essential. Experience in an international school is an advantage.
Attitude, Knowledge and Skills
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language is an advantage
- Respect, fairness, tolerance, a sense of humour and the ability to be both a leader and a key team player.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.