Aldar Education is currently seeking Assistant Vice Principal (Pastoral) – Elementary to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. The current vacancies are based in ADNOC School, Madinat Zayed Campus, located in the Western Region (Al Dhafra) of Abu Dhabi for August 2022 start.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Aldar Education and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. ADNOC Schools, managed and operated by Aldar Education, offer world class amenities, and are designed to provide learners with a 21st Century curriculum using the latest technology and world class facilities. The schools deliver the renowned US Massachusetts/Common Core curriculum and ADNOC, Madinat Zayed Elementary currently educates 758 students. In addition, high school students have access to AP (Advanced Placement) examinations, accredited by the US College Board. Students graduate with the American High School Diploma.
Successful candidates will combine an excellent track record of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA or other international settings, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from Board level to parents, teachers and Principals. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are pivotal to this role.
The role requires high level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with other schools within the group and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of the school, the group as a whole and the UAE’s wider education vision.
Successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Support the development and implementation of the vision and strategic direction of the school
• Set a clear vision and action plan for the designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the principal
• Have a significant, measurable impact in the areas led that is substantial and sustained
• Have a positive impact on the quality of learning & teaching through the strategic responsibilities
• Support a distinctive community ethos that is inclusive and applies the appropriate values, attitudes and practices in all aspects of school life.
• Contribute to creating and maintaining an environment and a code of behaviour which promote and secure good/outstanding teaching, effective learning and high standards of behaviour and achievement.
• Manage designated areas to ensure improvements in students’ knowledge, skills and abilities and excellent student progress.
• Contribute to creating and maintaining an effective partnership with parents to support and improve students’ achievement and personal development.
• Contribute to developing effective links with the wider community, including local, national and partnership arrangements, to extend the curriculum and enhance learning and teaching.
• Ensure that students’ learning encompasses skills that encourages them to become independent and inquisitive learners
• Lead by example acting with integrity and respect in all aspects of leadership, showing professional regard for the policies, practices and the ethos of the school.
• Foster positive relationships and attitudes to inspire and motivate.
• Show an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out professional duties and responsibilities.
• Communicate regularly with academic staff to monitor impact of pastoral interventions
• Bachelor’s Degree in education or BA Degree with PGCE or equivalent teacher qualification
• Master’s degree in Education
• Administrative/Leadership certification
• Demonstrable experience managing College Board Programming
• Minimum 6 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
• Able to make judgments and work under pressure
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to organize tasks and multi-task
• Able to think and plan strategically
• Must possess supervisory and leadership skills
• Must be competent in IT
• Must have integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Interested applicants should forward:
1 side A4, letter of interest
Most recent resume/CV
2 references (1 current Principal/Supervisor)
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.