Aldar Education is currently seeking high-performing High School Coordinator for August 2022 start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Madinat Zayed in Western Region, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma – the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Teach students according to their particular needs, including the planning, preparation and assessment of work in line with the policies of the school.
- Implement and maintain good classroom management and follow school policies for behaviour management.
- Use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies for teaching & learning, assessment, behaviour management and student welfare.
- Assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching and tutorial groups; give them constructive feedback, targets and advice; and report their progress to, and discuss their progress with their parents.
- Ensure that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar students nationally/internationally.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching and your students’ learning.
- Make an active contribution to school policies, school development/improvement, performance management and the self-evaluation of the school.
- Lead, support and organise the team in fulfilling their responsibilities as teachers / homeroom teachers.
- Ensure that your team follows and makes an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and development plans related to the school.
- To that data relating to students’ prior progress/attainment is used effectively.
- Be responsible for self-evaluation and analysis of achievements and standards within the cycle.
- Implement appropriate plans to impact on the educational progress of students within the cycle.
- Assess the performance and professional development needs of the members of your team, providing them with feedback, guidance and support.
- Contribute to overall school’s self-evaluation, planning, monitoring and policy making.
- Ensure the effective management of the budget, resources, equipment and rooms of your department/cycle.
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
- Bachelor’s Degree nd Teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ postgraduate teaching experience
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
- Preferably locally available
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.