Aldar Education is currently seeking high-performing Head of Science Department for August 2022 start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Madinat Zayed in Western Region, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma – the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
- To be accountable for student progress and development within the curriculum area.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the curriculum area, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by ADNOC Schools/Aldar Education
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the curriculum area.
- To effectively manage and deploy teaching/educational support staff, financial and physical resources within the curriculum areas.
- To support and enhance the specialist nature of the academy.
- Development and implementation of departmental policies and practices in line with whole school expectations.
- Use of a range of data to inform policies, practices, expectations, targets and teaching methods.
- Formulation of a department action plan and identification of clear targets for improvement.
- Monitoring and evaluation of progress in achieving the department’s plans and targets.
- Ensuring curriculum coverage, continuity and progression in the subject for all students.
- Ensuring clear guidance for teaching the subject and enhancing key skills through the schemes of work including research and technology based learning.
- Ensuring that there is a clear departmental assessment policy in line with school guidance and examination requirements providing internal examination papers and external examinations entries, as required.
- Evaluating the teaching of the subject in the school and taking action to improve further the quality of teaching.
- Developing links with other members of the local and extended school community in order to extend the subject curriculum, enhance teaching and develop students’ broader understanding of the subject.
- Ensuring implementation of school policies on issues such as equal opportunities, teaching and learning, behaviour management.
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Biology and Teaching qualification.
- 6 years’ experience, including 4 consecutive years teaching performance exceeds standards and expectations as evidenced by Performance Appraisal
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
- Preferably locally available
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.