Following the retirement of a highly respected Headteacher, we are seeking to appoint a Head of School for EYFS and Year 1 to join our team from September 2022. Wesgreen International School has a large campus with 4 separate schools and the successful candidate will work in equal partnership with the Head of School for Year 2- Year 6 as well as being part of the Through -School SLT.
We require an experienced Leader with a track record of outstanding NCfE EYFS/KS1 experience and the proven ability to lead improvement in teaching standards and student outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a genuine desire to create a lasting legacy in all areas including learning and teaching, assessment, curriculum development, quality assurance and professional development
• Oversee the development of the whole child including behaviour, safeguarding, health and wellbeing and above all making wonderful memories for both students and parents.
• Line manage the Heads of Year and Lead Practitioners
Be responsible for the full operational day-to-day running of the school
• Oversee the effective communications between school and home; be prepared to go over and above in order to build positive relationships with a parent demographic of 70% Arabic (40% Emirati) families
Work in close partnership with Cluster Partners in order to both receive and give support in areas of EYFS/Year 1 practice
• Ensure the School policies are upheld by all stakeholders to the highest standards
• Have a thorough knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum for England and International experience within the UAE.
You will be excited by the challenges of driving a school improvement agenda, within the Internationally Innovative approach of a 4 day working week in the Emirate of Sharjah.
Applicants should be:
• A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent along with a higher qualification in leadership ( e.g. MA, NPQH, NPQSL)
• Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
• Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England Early Years
• Efficient in people development with proven leadership and communication abilities
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the successful candidate