We, at GEMS International School, Al Khail are looking for an experienced IB MYP and DP PE Head of Department to join our team by August 2022 to lead and teach at GIS. The successful candidate will be an experienced teacher who is excited to join our world class school and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students. At GIS our teachers are supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities. Our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximizes every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path and positively contribute to the local and global society.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in PE
- A minimum of 6 years of solid and demonstrable experience teaching Upper High School/Secondary PE, ideally within an IB Curriculum School
- A minimum of 2 years of solid and demonstrable experience in a similar/HOD leadership role
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are excited by this opportunity, meet and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidates including competitive tax free salary, furnished accommodation, premium medical insurance and life insurance, working permit and residence visa, annual flight allowance, tuition fee concession and other benefits in line with the UAE Labour Law.