Aldar Education is currently seeking Vice Principal to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Ruwais Campus, located in the Western Region (Al Dhafra) of Abu Dhabi for August 2022 start.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Aldar Education and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group. ADNOC Schools, managed and operated by Aldar Education, offer world class amenities, and are designed to provide learners with a 21st Century curriculum using the latest technology and world class facilities. The schools deliver the renowned US Massachusetts/Common Core curriculum and ADNOC, Ruwais currently educates over 1,100 students from KG through Grade 12. In addition, high school students have access to AP (Advanced Placement) examinations, accredited by the US College Board. Students graduate with the American High School Diploma.
Successful candidates will combine an excellent track record of effective leadership experience, developed in the UK, USA or other international settings, with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness with the ability to manage the demands and needs of a wide range of stakeholders from Board level to parents, teachers and Principals. Exceptional communication skills combined with being a visible leader and ambassador for the school are pivotal to this role.
The role requires high level strategic thinking combined with a firm grasp of how to ensure outstanding education outcomes across the school. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with other schools within the group and developing ways to engage with strategic partners to support the work of the school, the group as a whole and the UAE’s wider education vision.
Successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Coordinate and quality assure the school’s instructional cycle with core subjects of Math, Science, English and Social Studies departments, including MOE subjects: Arabic and Islamic studies.
• Support and develop school culture and positive behavior implementation strategies (PBIS), counselling students regarding acceptable school conduct and recommending appropriate supportive strategies.
• Direct and quality assure the activities of the staff and students to ensure a safe, orderly, and smooth functioning environment conducive to learning.
• Support and administer the annual master schedule, working alongside fellow SLT and department leaders.
• Collaborate with the Principal to supervise and evaluate teachers and curriculum support staff as assigned.
• Provide leadership in screening and interviewing applicants including non-teaching positions, and/or recommending applicants to be interviewed.
• Assist the Principal with the design and implementation of the school’s action and development plans.
• Serve on various committees to further improve the school’s performance as directed by the principal.
• Implement student achievement improvement efforts as mapped out in the school development plan and MOE regulations. This will include, but not be limited to, standardized testing, remediation, collection and reporting of data, and the development of special schedules and testing procedures as necessary.
• Implement student achievement improvement efforts including directing the MAP/Exact Path student achievement plan, developing a progress-based testing schedule with the assessment coordinator, establishing and overseeing processes for assessing and reporting student attainment and progress, records and archiving.
• Collaborate with the SLT regarding new or changing instructional methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
• Determine, develop and implement plans for staff CPD for the campus that facilitate professional growth and enhance the quality and efficiency of teaching.
• Assist in the timely completion and submission of all required reports, newsletters, forms, and data requests.
• Participate with other administrators and staff to foster team collaboration and effectiveness.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the School Principal.
• Bachelor’s Degree in education or BA Degree with PGCE or equivalent teacher qualification
• Master’s degree in Education
• Administrative/Leadership certification
• Demonstrable experience managing College Board Programming
• Bachelor’s Degree – 10 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role.
• Master’s Degree/NPQH – 8 years’ educational experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
• Able to make judgments and work under pressure
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to organize tasks and multi-task
• Able to think and plan strategically
• Must possess supervisory and leadership skills
• Must be competent in IT
• Must have integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Interested applicants should forward:
• 1 side A4, letter of interest
• Most recent resume/CV
• 2 references (1 current Principal/Supervisor)
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.